Maca, interchangeable with Maca Powder, is produced from South America and is a Peruvian root vegetable. For the ancient Incan and modern day Peruvians it is a central part of their diet. LifeFoods Maca Powder is a raw wholefood to ensure it retains its nutrients.
How to Use Maca Powder:
This delicious powder has a nutty/vanilla like taste which is best used with smoothies, yoghurt, milkshakes,or on your cereal at breakfast. You can even add it to cookies, cakes or any other treat that you might be baking. The versatility of Maca is endless and gives you a great nutritional boost.
Health Benefits of Maca:
- Maca is said to help people with hormone imbalances as it has a unique way in which it improves the function of the endocrine system. It is an adaptogen which means it works in your body to help produce the right amount of hormones your body needs
- The adaptogens found in Maca are also said to increase stamina, endurance and overall energy
- Maca is credited with having the ability to help the body to handle stress
- Due to its content of vitamin C and zinc, maca may help to support your immune system
- Finally maca contains calcium, phosphorus, fatty acids, vitamin B1 and B12 which are believed to nourish our bodies in a way that calms our nerves and creates a healthy nervous system